Sunday, April 13, 2014

An Abundance of Riches

I’m overflowing with gratitude for the abundance enriching my life the past couple of weekends. 

What an adventure attending my first writer's conference, The Mad Anthony Writer's Conference, at Miami University Hamilton last weekend. There will be more to come on this topic in future posts.

Our Cincinnati Writer’s Group met yesterday. Our sharing reached a new depth. We don't know if it was our topic or if our group is maturing. Some members of the group have been meeting since 1999. Jenny, Kate, and I joined in 2010. Our topic for this meeting was, "What Stops Me." They recommended that I post my essay here. I will one of these days. 


Back Row: Jenny, Kate, Lynne, Jean
Front Row: Linda, Gary, Isabelle

Darren McGarvey, founder of Dayton's Word’s Worth Writing Center, spoke at the Salon at Harmony Creek Church this morning. I'm excited. He's considering teaching a Memoir Writing Class this summer. No pressure, Darren.

Sue Monk Kidd, one of my favorite author’s, appeared on Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday today. She is best known for “The Secret Life of Bees.” Her memoirs, “When the Heart Waits” and “The Dance of the Dissident Daughter,” both had a huge impact on me. The program today was full of so much wisdom, I felt joy drinking it in. If you missed it, you should be able to find it on Oprah's website.

In my next post, I’ll share more about my adventure at Mad Anthony.







No comments:

Post a Comment